OPEN BEEF CATTLE
August 18, 2023 at 6:30 p.m. in the First State Bank Livestock Pavilion
Superintendent: Tony Clark
Asst. Superintendent: Kyley DeVoe & Deidre Williams
Online Entry Deadline: Monday, August 14, 2023
Mail-In Entry Deadline: Received by Thursday, August 10, 2023
Arrival & Check-In: Friday, August 18, 2023 from 9:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Open Beef Cattle Show: Friday, August 18, 2023 at 6:30 p.m.
Release: Following completion of breed, if not in champion drive or showmanship contest
Trailer parking ONSITE, pending on weather. Overflow trailer parking offsite.
No showing off trailer. Livestock must be stalled in barn.
HEALTH CERTIFICATES NOT REQUIRED for TEXAS LIVESTOCK ONLY. State validation not required.
Livestock Department Schedule
- ENTRY FEES: $30 per head.
- Online entry link available on Open Beef Cattle page via ntfair.com. Online entry deadline – August 14, 2023.
- Mail-in entries accepted through August 10, 2023. Preferred method of entry is online!
- Late entries will also be accepted upon arrival (No late fees). Exhibitors must be registered by 5:00 p.m. on show day.
- Blow & Show – No adhesives, glue, dyes or paint.
- Exhibitors must check in at livestock office. Exhibitor packets are received at this time.
- Passes and parking stickers will be enclosed in packets.
- No outside bedding allowed. Shavings and pellets will be available for purchase on grounds.
- Any substitutions may be made upon arrival.
- All animals must be registered in the represented breed association. Pending papers will be allowed, but will need a letter of information from the breed association.
- There is no limit on the number of head an exhibitor may enter.
- Show Order: American Breeds, British Breeds, Exotic Breeds – (21 Breed Format)
- Bulls & Heifers
- 01/01/23 and after
- 10/01/22 – 12/31/22
- 07/01/22 – 09/30/22
- 04/01/22 – 06/30/22
- 01/01/22 – 03/31/22
- 10/01/21 – 12/31/21
- 07/01/21 – 09/30/21
- 01/01/21 – 06/30/21
- Champion Selection:
- Breed & Reserve Breed Champions
- Division Champions
- Overall Grand Champions
- Overall Grand Champion and Overall Reserve Grand Champion will receive award and cash.
Please direct questions to (940) 391-3452!